Dear visitors:

Please feel free to write comments~~ I hope you enjoy my blog!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Margaret Avery Augur Scholar

This award was both surprising and predictable. In the Award Assembly last week, I received this award from Gary, my Sculpture teacher. I felt very happy because I devoted so much time in Sculpture this year and all my work finally paid off; on the other hand, I was very surprised because so many people saw my work and appreciated it.



Here is a little history of this award: This award is in honor of Miss Augur, Headmistress Emeritus of The School, and was selected by the faculty and administration. Miss Augur evinced a keen and abiding interest in and maintained a fine rapport with girls of many types. However, she particularly admired certain qualities: namely, integrity and seriousness of purpose. She was especially sensitive and knowledgeable in her appreciation of the art work done by the students. Therefore, it seems highly appropriate that the Margaret Avery Augur Scholarship go to a girl who is capable of sound academic achievement, who is talented in art, and who exemplifieds the character traits which Miss Augur so admired.

I'm very honored to receive this award and I believe it encourages me to develop my passion further in Sculpture. I always feel a kind of ecstasy when I touch the materials and devote myself fully into making sculptures. Every sculpture I made was a great adventure and I continue to challenge myself with new techniques and various materials.

I'm still a beginner in Sculpture, and I'm always ready for the next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment