Dear visitors:

Please feel free to write comments~~ I hope you enjoy my blog!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Sketches for Fun

Here are some sketches that I use to decorate the wall in my room. They are random sketches from the past. I keep the habit of signing my name and the date on every drawing so you can actually see when I made them.

JUST A FUN FACT: the cursive signature on my sketches is my Chinese name: 江帆. I designed this signature in 6th grade because I believed I would sell my drawings for millions of dollars one day! Just kidding... However, after I finished my lectures about "the Dream and the Future" in Chinese middle schools, some students came to me and asked me for my "autograph"; that was the first time my signature was actually put to use. I felt so honored...

The sketch for the metal skull of my sculpture: Behind the Mask. I used it to study the 3D structure of the skull.
 The reason I started learning sketching was that I was so interested in Japanese Manga that I wanted to become a cartoonist when I grow up (of course my dream has changed now!).

A cartoon version of Michael Jackson.

This sketch is for the snow sculpture I did last winter. I have the tradition to make one snow sculpture every winter. If I have any chance to create another one, I will probably make a Steve Jobs or Marilyn Monroe!
Another unfinished sketch of Michael Jackson. This quick sketch took me about 10-15 minutes; I just laid out the basic structure and shadows.

Unlike drawing intensely and consuming hours on one single drawing, quick sketches help you catch the movement and the 3D structure of an object. My old drawing teacher used to make me do one quick sketch every day because "practice makes perfect"!

I hope you enjoy these sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment