Dear visitors:

Please feel free to write comments~~ I hope you enjoy my blog!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

 During the last three weeks of May, Cranbrook has a special program called Senior May during which seniors do full time internships within or outside school. While most boarders find jobs to watch kids at Science Institute and Brookside Kindergarten, I decided to try something different.

I have been working in the school's Financial Office for a week. I thought work was going to be much more relaxing than studying, but it turned out that I was wrong. I stuffed 350 envelops like a robot and created an email newsletter on my first day; the next day I learned Prezi, a computer presentation software; then I spent the next two days teaching my boss how to use Prezi and importing numbers on Excel budget sheets. My overall impression of work is that work is more repetitive and less brainwork than studying, but I'm definitely enjoying my internship.

I love to listen to Mr. Godfryd (my boss :D) talk about accounting and financing, meeting all the "secret people" at school, and having lunch with a bunch of Admission Officers.

As I mentioned, Prezi is a computer software which is far cooler and much more eye-catching than traditional Power Point. I learned it in one day and it's very easy to work with. So here is one of the presentations I made for Mr. Godfryd on a class lecture about credit. 

I want to share this cool tool with you and I hope you don't get dizzy! ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment