Dear visitors:

Please feel free to write comments~~ I hope you enjoy my blog!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Final Look of "Mom, it hurts!"

Two weeks after Christmas break, I finally finished my sculpture, "Mom, it hurts!" .

Different from the previous human head sculptures, this sculpture includes only the face of a crying baby, a baby's hand, and a lot of scene setting. This was my first time working with natural materials, such as rocks, moss, and twigs; I felt that I was shooting a tragic movie scene.

Also, the facial expression of the crying baby was another challenge for me. Surprisingly, I started to feel the twisted muscle and bone structure flowing beneath the baby's skin as soon as I touched the clay. I've always been wondering if there is really some "spiritual connection" between me and the clay because magic happens when my hand touch the clay every time..... ;D





I will still be in Sculpture Studio next semester and I can't wait to make another human head sculpture! Also, I'm picking up drawing again because I'm curious about how much my drawing skill has improved and I want to test it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment