Dear visitors:

Please feel free to write comments~~ I hope you enjoy my blog!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Snow Sculptures

I keep the tradition to make a snow sculpture every winter. In my hometown in China, it hardly snows in the winter, but since I came to Michigan two years ago, there has never been any snow shortage! : )

I made a Sphinx in China 3 years ago, a Michael Jackson two years ago and a Lincoln last year. I did Lincoln after I took one semester of sculpture at school, and it's amazing to see how much my skill has improved after just one semester of training. I have found my passion in sculpture, because sculpture is not limited to the kind of materials that I use, and I can fully express my idea just like when I draw on paper.


Michigan snow is powedery, and I have to add water on it before I pack them. It took me 8 hours total to finish the Lincoln sculpture. I was completely exhausted when I finally finished it, but I enjoyed every moment working in the snow.


I haven't decided what theme I'm going to do this winter.I think Marilyn Monroe will be a cool one!

No comments:

Post a Comment