Dear visitors:

Please feel free to write comments~~ I hope you enjoy my blog!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

some old sketches

I have been learning sketching since I was 3rd Grade. I always think my Mom is a brilliant educator because she is so good at encouraging my interests and bringing them to another level. When I was in love with a guitar song, she said, "don't you think it's cool to be able to play this song by yourself? I think you should try guitar." Then I learned guitar for 4 years. When I was crazy about the fantasy world of Japanese Manga and tried hard to copy the beautiful pictures, my Mom asked me again, "do you want to draw better and create your own cartoon? Learning some sketching skills will help you a lot!" And this is how I started sketching.

I started with drawing apples. Hundreds of apples. And then I sketched more complex forms like cylinders and cubics. After more than a year I tried plaster figures and then human faces. I stopped learning sketching two years ago and started to try another types of art such as watercolor, painting, and sculpturing by myself. The sketching skills are still the foundation of all my art and 3D structures becomes natural to me. Here are some sketches that I did several years ago.

A plaster figure that I drew 4 years ago.

Another plaster figure that I drew 5 years ago.

 A drawing of Audrey Hepburn 4 years ago.

A human face drawing 4 years ago.
 Quick skeching 2 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Fay, you are so talented! Your work is great--I really love that last sketch, especially since you say it was so quick--you really capture the emotions and energy of your subjects, even though it is a sketch! :) -acp

    ReplyDelete